Optimizing value-for-money for clients while ensuring healthy competitive markets and prosperity for all – with sound contract management, strategy, and policy
I can help you select and write the best procurement strategy and contract for the needs of your organisation and market. This is based on my extensive experience of procurement strategies, markets, and contract models – and by helping to lead sector change using new models and cultures including performance-based, outcome-based, collaborative/alliance, bundled, and fence-to-fence contracts. My accreditation by the UK Institute for Collaborative Working enables me to introduce structured collaborative business relationship management to maximise mutual outcomes, and my NZ Certificate in Infrastructure Procurement covers MBIE and NZTA best practice requirements. I am also an NZTA-certified Tender Evaluator.
Let me assist you to:
- Lower or flat-line your contract costs, or achieve better outcomes at the same cost
- Ensure you get what you think you’re getting and its fit for purpose
- Allocate risk to the best party
- Fix contracts that are no longer working
- Understand when to use and NOT use the various types of contract delivery models
Covering all aspects of procurement:
- Procurement strategies, policy, and procedures
- Commercially astute and fair contracts
- Selecting the best tenderer
- Carry out Section 17 reviews
- EOI/RFP/FRT tendering strategies
- Writing and reviewing contracts for delivery of professional services or physical works
- Sound contract management practices
- Developing new physical works and professional services contracts as they expire
- Development of supplier markets
- Bringing your staff up to date on the latest best practices
Feel free to contact me to discuss your needs and how I can possibly help.
Not sure what type of maintenance contract will provide the best value for your circumstances? – find out about the Presentation to the 2016 IPWEA conference on Selecting the Best Model for Your Road Maintenance Contract
See my Pavement Quality Research Report identifying quality improvements of contracted construction projects in NZ using ‘case studies’.